Monday, November 24, 2008

raya 2008

hello all,

just to elaborate more on my previous entry....about the 2 Malaysians that I am close with here in Quincy. They are Anna and Shahrul. I knew Shahrul before this from the Management Trainee program, and I just met Anna when they arrived here. From the very first weekend here, we started to plan things to do together...which I did not manage to do since I came here.

They arrived here 3 days before Raya....I know it's hard for them to be apart like this especially near Raya...but we try to make ourselves feel at home by celebrating Raya with the families here. We cooked Raya dishes together - satay, rendang, nasi impit- eventhough both of them are still having jetlag from the travel.....

Just to share some of the raya photos...

Satay recipe was from Anna. She has a family satay business back in Malaysia. It turns out fantastic....





This is what we used to grill the satay....this is the only grill that we have at that moment and yes, it took ages to grill all the 200 satay.....









This is the 'family' pic of us with En Niam's children.










And lastly, here's me in front of my apartment before heading to a Raya Gathering with the Malaysian in Boston.


No comments: